Alternative Notification Method for a Backup

Mirza Dedic mirde at oppy.com
Mon Jun 16 18:40:07 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am looking at best practices to implement a 2nd alternative notification method that Nagios could use incase our office "internet" is down so that we still receive those messages? If the internet is down, the outside world would not be able to login to their email systems to see the nagios warnings.

What would be an alternative to this?

We do have a 2nd ISP in the office as a alternative (it is used to test stuff bypassing all the H/W & S/W firewalls & security) that I could use, but how do you configure or tell Nagios to send notifications through that to a specific outside-of-our-servers mailbox? (ex, gmail?).

Thanks.

Mirza Dedic
Jr. Technical Analyst - The Oppenheimer Group
Office #(604) 461-6779 : Cell #(778) 895-8950