check_mysql_query

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:17:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I want to set a nagios alert whenever the count(*) of a specific table in
test DB (MySQL) on a specific host crosses 200000 using mysql_check_query
plugin

I have referred to http://nagiosplugins.org/man/check_mysql_query for -w and
-c option
which says -w, --warning=RANGE Warning range (format: start:end). Alert if
outside this range
                -c, --critical=RANGE

How can i set this in nagios(nrpe.cfg) on the remote host.

Any example would be really helpful

I have set it like the below in the nrpe.cfg file

command[check_mysql_query]=/usr/nagios/libexec/check_mysql_query -q "Select
count(*) from table" -w1:5 -H localhost -P 3306 -d test -u test -p example
command[check_mysql_query]=/usr/nagios/libexec/check_mysql_query -q "Select
count(*) from table" -c200000 -H localhost -P 3306 -d test -u test -p
example

Not sure if the above command is right.

Any ideas

Thanks and Regards