Nagios server hardware

Frederik Vanhee fvanhee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:32:14 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm thinking about a hardware upgrade of my Nagios server.
I have a setup with 1500 hosts and 9000 services (from which 2500 services
are active and the other 6500 passive).
I use the 'classic' Nagios interface for consulting + the Nagvis frontend
with the ndo backend.
In addition, I use Nagiosgrapher for graphing purposes.

Now I'm in doubt if I would split the Nagios server in two servers :

-one for the Nagios process + webinterface + nagiosgrapher
-second as database-server for the ndo-backend

Or maybe another configuration ?
Would it be more interesting to invest in one server with more RAM and more
powerful cpu's or is it more interesting to split it into two server ?

Any suggestions are welcome,

Vanhee Frederik