CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:16:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have successfully installed and configured nagios on redhat linux box and
now I'm trying to monitor nagios client on solaris 10 box. I've installed
nagios plugins and nrpe fine. But when try to run check_nrpe from nagios
server it gives the following error,

[nagios at lnxtestsrv1 libexec]$ ./check_nrpe -H 10.192.2.60 -c check_root
CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

on the solaris box when I run the same command it works.

root at sol-box # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -W 10% -K
5% -p /
DISK OK - free space: / 9311 MB (95% inode=97%);| /=439MB;7880;8865;0;9850

The nrpe deamon works fine on the remote solaris box and I can even telnet
to it from nagios server.

I need to know how to restart the xinetd service on the solaris box ?

root at sol-box # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost
NRPE v2.12

Please suggest how to fix this?

Thanks

--