No output from plugin

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 17:36:18 CEST 2008

I have a new command which I have implemented as a Nagios plugin.
Running the command as user nagios on the client gives the correct
output (currently the string " : test ()") and return code 2 which is
what I require.
Running the command "/usr/bin/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H CLIENT -t 30
-c COMMAND" on a Nagios server (in this case a slave server) also gives
the correct output and return code.  Running the command as a plugin
gives the reply "(No output from plugin)".  I have checked that the
script puts its output to standard output and have added the line "use
lib /usr/lib/nagios/plugins; use plugins" to the command script (as
suggested by the FAQ) without any change.  Does anyone have any
suggestions to correct this problem ?

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory