NagiosGrapher weird entries in logfile

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Mon Jun 9 16:39:47 CEST 2008

Hi Folks,

is this the right place to ask for help with NagiosGrapher? If not, please
point me to an appropriate mailing list.

I am trying to run NagiosGrapher on Centos 5. I have installed and
configured it according to Wolfgang Barths new Nagios book, but I am
running into a weird problem.

I have configured Nagios to write the service perf data into a file which
is renamed with a time stamp using the
service_perfdata_file_processing_command directive. That works fine. The
resulting files are named service-perfdata with the unix timestamp as
extension.

NagiosGrapher is configured with "interface file" and "perffile_path
/path/to/perffiles/". It apparently reads the files, but there is two weird
entries in ngraph.log:

... REGEX: No blocks found for XXXXXXX			# while x is the timestamp
extension of the perfdata file
... PIPE: [SERVICEPERFDATA] ...				# although no pipe is used for
transferring performance data

The perfdata entries in the PIPE lines are correct, they contain all needed
data.

I have also configured NagiosGrapher to include /etc/nagios/ngraph.d/ and
placed a ping.ncfg there (copies from the examples). It refers to service
"ping" which is used in the nagios config as service_name.

NagiosGrapher does not generate any rrd dbs in /var/lib/nagios/rrd/ which
is configured to be the rrdpath.

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk