check_http issues...

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jun 5 21:58:10 CEST 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Victor Lanza wrote:

> I'm using Nagios 3.0.1 with Plugins 1.4.11
>
> Ahhhhh..
>
> Well on another note if I were to use this password, where would I
> need to
> put the escape character?
>
> The password is: 123$45!

If the debian supplied patch works as expected to handle the inclusion
of the extra '$' then it should be as simple as changing your
service{} check_command to be --

check_command           check_http_arg!admin:'123$45\!'

I expect the $ to be ok as-is since the shell will see that enclosed
in single-quotes an won't treat it as a shell variable.

--
Marc