Performance problems

Nicole Hähnel ml at nicole-haehnel.de
Thu Jun 5 11:57:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm running nagios 3.0.2 on a dell poweredge 2850 server with 2gb ram
and a xeon 2.80GHz cpu.
Also running on this server, ndo utils 1.47b, pnp, nagvis and
nagiosla.(os is newest rhel5)
Nagios checks 113 hosts and 660 services, most of them every 3 minutes.
Server load is over 1.3 most of the time due to the mysql database, I think.
Another problem is, I get frequently high ping times in the local
network the nagios server belongs to.

What servers do you use for this count of checks.
Should I split it into two nagios servers?

It would be nice to get some suggestions.

Thanks!
Nicole