Fwd: The results of your email commands

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Wed Jun 4 14:53:54 CEST 2008

From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of asam30 at gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:02 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Fwd: The results of your email commands

Hi,

I am trying to install nagios plugins on solaris spac 10. It was able to configure fine but problems comes up while compiling.

# make
gcc: language strconst not recognized
gcc: check_mysql.c: linker input file unused because linking not done
mv: cannot access .deps/check_mysql-check_mysql.Tpo
make[2]: *** [check_mysql-check_mysql.o] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.11/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.11'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 # which make
/usr/local/bin/make
I've downloaded gnu make from sunfreeware.com from the below suggestion,

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=78

I was actually getting the error in the above url but as per the suggestion I've downloaded make-3.81 and installed it. Then it reportes the above error which I gave here.

Please suggest

Thanks

--
Shankar Asam

HI Shankar, you will likely need a lot more from sunfreeware.com for nagios - I see you must have GCC installed as well ... Anyhow, FWIW, I tried installing it all on Solaris 10 myself, however it took so many sunfreeware dependencies/hacks that I decided it wasn't worth it (And also because I had more x86 hardware available)..

I found these links quite helpful though:

http://altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2006/03/installing_nagi.html

http://www.totkat.org/pages/nagios.shtml

regards,
Jamie