Design question

Hoot, Joseph joe.hoot at itec.suny.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:28:16 CEST 2008

Yes... rsync will most likely help as well.  I only modify my configs on
the master and then have a cron entry to rsync the /etc/* scripts over
to the slave.  I use the following:

#!/bin/sh

# sync nagios

# the following rsync copies all etc/ data:
rsync -e ssh --delete --exclude='*primary.cfg' --exclude='*nagios.cfg'
--exclude='*nrpe.cfg' -azHS /usr/local/nagios/etc/
secondary:/usr/local/nagios/etc/

# the next one syncs the libexec, just in case new checks are added:
rsync -e ssh --delete -azHS /usr/local/nagios/libexec/
secondary:~/libexec/