check_smartmon - IndexError: list index out ofrange

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jul 29 22:27:19 CEST 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Jake Solid wrote:

> Using the devices doesnt work. Do I need a patch for thise plugin?
>
> [root@ ~]# pvscan
>  PV /dev/md3   VG VolGroup01   lvm2 [232.88 GB / 45.38 GB free]
>  PV /dev/md1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [215.19 GB / 26.19 GB free]
>  Total: 2 [448.06 GB] / in use: 2 [448.06 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]
>

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

>> They should be /dev/sd* or /dev/hd*.

You're still not checking the disk devices themselves. md devices are
software raid groups so /dev/md3, etc are likely to be comprised of
multiple disks. Do you know the kind and number of disks that you have
installed in this machine?

'cat /proc/mdstat'. That should show you the drive partitions that
make up the md devices. Again, look for 'sda, sdb, etc' or 'hda, hdb,
etc'.

You could always just try running 'check_smartmon -d /dev/hda -v 3' or
'check_smartmon -d /dev/sda -v 3' to see if it's even going to work.
One of those is going to exist at a minimum.

--
Marc