Distributed monitoring with distributed server running Windows

Moby moby at mobsternet.com
Sat Jul 26 06:52:17 CEST 2008

Hello all, I have Nagios up and running and have made myself familiar
with nrpe and nsca.  I have read and think I understand the Nagios
distributed monitoring setup quite clearly.
The issue I have now is that I need to setup a distributed monitoring
setup where the "distributed" server will be running Windows.  In short,
I have a Linux server as the central server, I have a distributed
monitoring server running Windows.  I can monitor the distributed server
itself quite well using nsca with nsclient++.  I can also monitor it
successfully using nsca with nsclient++.  I have some more windows
machines that I need to monitor but they cannot contact the central
Nagios server directly, they have to come via the distributed server.
Does anyone know of any tools that can enable my distributed server
running Windows to act either as an "nsca server" to receive data from
leaf nodes via nsca or as an "nrpe server" to get data from leaf nodes
via nrpe and then send those alerts onto my central Linux box via nsca?

Thanks in advance for any help,

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin