compile problems on Solairs 5

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Jul 24 23:47:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:27:02PM +0200, Doug Veldhuisen wrote:
> You might try looking at the nagios faq, if you haven't already,  there is a faq entry F0012 that is similar.
> I also remember a real strange thing I had one time with library loading.  It wasn't the LD_LIBRARY thing, it was something only Solaris needed. (And now I cannot remember where I found that tidbit.)

I _think_ that FAQ may be a bit dated. I did get nagios compiled on Solaris
8, which also does not have snprintf, and the core code now seems to
supply an implementation of this function. I know this because it is built
in base, and looked for in common, or vice versa. That's what the comment
about copying the snprintf.o from one of these subdirectories to the other
refers to.

Unfortunately, the same trick does not seem to work on Solaris 5, plus now
I seem to lack dirname().

programs.