V3 compile issues on Solaris 8

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Jul 23 17:10:30 CEST 2008

I am trying to build 3.0.2 on SunOS 5.8 (Solaris 8). The comile is failing
like this:

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DNSCORE -o nagios nagios.c broker.o nebmods.o
checks.o config.o commands.o events.o flapping.o logging.o macros-base.o
notifications.o sehandlers.o skiplist.o utils.o retention-base.o
xretention-base.o comments-base.o xcomments-base.o objects-base.o
xobjects-base.o statusdata-base.o xstatusdata-base.o perfdata-base.o
xperfdata-base.o downtime-base.o xdowntime-base.o  ../common/snprintf.o
-lm  -lpthread -lltdl -lrt
gcc: ../common/snprintf.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nagios'

Can anyone give me some guidance on this? If I recall corectly, and it's
been a long time since I built things on this machine, snprintf is indeed
not in the Sun supplied libraries. Seems like I go a library with it from
SunFreeware at one time. Maybe I just need to fix the linker line?

Thanks.

The build on Solaris 5 should be fun :-(

programs.