Notifiactions question

Marc Torres sarinyo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:20:09 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm quite newbe to nagios, and I'm trying to configure notifications
for services according to host contacts. I mean, I would like to
configure contacts (or contact groups) only in the hosts definitions,
and then when a monitorized service at that host has a hard state
change, the notification gets send to the contact configured at the
host definition.

My problem is that I've got one hostgroup which has all hosts related
to it.  The services are configured for that hostgroup (all the hosts
run the same services), this way I'm monitoring the same services in
all hosts. But according to [1], I've to configure a contact or a
contactgroup at least for the service, and here comes my problem.

I would like not to share the same contacts for the same service in
the different hosts, I would like to configure different contacts for
the same service in different hosts. The contact should be the same
configured in the host definition, so my question is if its possible
to configure nagios to send service notification at destinations
configured at hosts definition instead of service definition.

I've read almost all the docs from [2]. But I didn't found a easy way
to achieve it. The only solution that comes to my mind is to create a
template for each service and then create a service for each host that
 inherits from the template and has the same contact of the host, but
this is hard to achieve as I may have hundreds of hosts.

Cheers,

Marc.

[1]  http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#service
[2]  http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/toc.html
--
"I'm unique, just like everyone else". Read it out there