[Nagiosplug-help] schedule check problem

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed Jul 23 03:30:34 CEST 2008

On 22/07/08 05:09 AM, asam30 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a strange problem with the nagios. Recently, for testing
> purpose we did install nagios server on a intel based pc and now we
> would like to move the nagios server to an high end machine like HP
> proliant DL 380.
>
> The nagios server on Intel based pc works fine and it was able to
> monitor all the clients using check_nrpe plugin. I have now installed
> nagios server, nagios plugins and nrpe on a high end machine and copied
> all the configuration files from old server to here and then started
> nagios service. All looks ok except for scheduling checks.
>
> The time on nagios server is ahead of the time displayed on the nagios
> interface for Next Scheduled Check. The Next Scheduled Check for some
> service shows,
>
> Next Scheduled Check:  07-22-2008 09:31:04
> Last Check Time:07-22-2008 09:37:53
>
> but the time on nagios server is,
> Tue Jul 22 09:40:06 GMT 2008
>
> The time is not sync properly and when I refresh the page maually, it
> shows all services are in green which means all are working ok. but
> after few seconds when I refresh the same page manually, the services
> were in red color. tells me the error as , critical CHECK_NRPE: Socket
> timeout after 10 seconds
>
> then if you refresh later some point, all service will show in green.
> why does this difference?
>
> where do i change the settings so the time on the nagios interface will
> sync the time with the nagios server?

First of all please do not cross-post. Many people read both lists
anyways, so cross-posting just pollute their inbox.

The time in the web interface it the time of the server. Make sure to
regularly sync the server time or run a properly configured local ntp
daemon to keep time sync.

The issue about having all service ok, than all red is very strange...
Are you sure you don't have an IP conflict on that your old & new
servers, or a DNS record returning the IP of both servers?

The NRPE socket timeout after 10 seconds could be the conlfiguration on
the clients - since there's no authentication in NRPE it could be that
they're only accepting connections from the old server.

Thomas