Temporarily changing thresholds of an NRPE driven service check

Sean McAfee smcafee at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Jul 22 16:27:46 CEST 2008

I believe you're right - you'd have to schedule two checks, each using a
custom time period.

This can simplified by using the exclude and use directives:

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name vignette_backup
        sunday          20:00-23:00
        monday          20:00-23:00
        tuesday         20:00-23:00
        wednesday       20:00-23:00
        thursday        20:00-23:00
        friday          20:00-23:00
        saturday        20:00-23:00
        }

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name vignette
        use             24x7
        exclude         vignette_backup
        }

The standard check would then have check_period as vignette, while the
one you'd like to run during your backup window would use vignette_backup.

Sean McAfee
System Engineer

Collaborative Fusion, Inc.
 smcafee at collaborativefusion.com
 412-422-3463 x 4025

5849 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information
and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of
this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.