schedule check problem

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 11:09:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got a strange problem with the nagios. Recently, for testing purpose we
did install nagios server on a intel based pc and now we would like to move
the nagios server to an high end machine like HP proliant DL 380.

The nagios server on Intel based pc works fine and it was able to monitor
all the clients using check_nrpe plugin. I have now installed nagios server,
nagios plugins and nrpe on a high end machine and copied all the
configuration files from old server to here and then started nagios service.
All looks ok except for scheduling checks.

The time on nagios server is ahead of the time displayed on the nagios
interface for Next Scheduled Check. The Next Scheduled Check for some
service shows,

Next Scheduled Check:  07-22-2008 09:31:04
Last Check Time:07-22-2008 09:37:53

but the time on nagios server is,
Tue Jul 22 09:40:06 GMT 2008

The time is not sync properly and when I refresh the page maually, it shows
all services are in green which means all are working ok. but after few
seconds when I refresh the same page manually, the services were in red
color. tells me the error as , critical CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10
seconds

then if you refresh later some point, all service will show in green. why
does this difference?

where do i change the settings so the time on the nagios interface will sync
the time with the nagios server?

please help me!!!

Thanks

--