Help - I am unable to get theNSClient++ to restart services

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jul 18 16:16:14 CEST 2008

Please don't top-post. Others reading this email a year from now
will have a very hard time knowing what you're answering to
without scrolling down, then up, then halfway down, then up.

Jonathan Williams wrote:
> I did (at least similar).  I ran it and it returned:
>
> /usr/local/bin/pearl -w

I'm guessing the output was actually
#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
which is quite different from what you wrote, but I'll have to
assume that the output you gave me is actually correct (who in
their right minds would give false info to someone who's trying
to help them??), so here it goes:

* There's your error right there. To begin with, you probably don't
have a binary named "pearl" anywhere on your system.
* There's "#!" in front of the name of the script interpreter, so
the kernel has no idea what to do with it.

Run this command and it'll magically start working:

sed -i '1s,.*,#!/usr/bin/perl -w,' check_sendmail.pl

Note that "similar" hardly ever cuts it, especially if you want
more help and don't paste the "similar" command you actually
used along with the output it produced. copy-paste is your
friend.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se