Antwort: Re: CPU Usage for Linux

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Fri Jul 18 13:46:40 CEST 2008

nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 18.07.2008 13:33:08:

> Personally, I would use a tool like Cricket or Cacti for this, rather
than
> Nagios. I think the combination of one of these tools, _AND_ Nagios
makes
> for an excellent system monitoring environment. I use Nagios for instant
> status checks, and some history of up./down hosts/services, and use
> Cricket, or Cacti for the long term trending of things like system load,
> memory usage, disk usage etc.

Actually that's unnecessary double work. You can easily use Nagios
for trending and graphing, without much extra work. Using the outputs
of the Nagios checks, you can add PNP or NagiosGrapher or whatever
to graph those things. Why put up the extra workload to have a second
environment to administrate, when you can have it all in one?

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk-  und  Systemmanagement
Telefon : +49 (201) 102-1879 Mobil : +49 (173) 5419665 Fax : +49 (201)
102-1102105

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Till Ergenzinger, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522