Help - I am unable to get theNSClient++ to restart services

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jul 18 09:37:32 CEST 2008

Jonathan Williams wrote:
> OK...  A little more info.  I checked the Nagios.log and saw this
> error:
>

> Warning: Attempoting to execute the command
> "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/send_mail.pl - n "Service Problem" -h
> "jwilliamspc" -s "Critical"... (all the parameters are correct)...
> jonathan.williams at us.g4s.com resulted in a return code of 126.  Make
> sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually
> exists...
>

> The file send_mail.pl does exist in the /usr/local/Nagios/libexec
> folder.  Not sure why I am getting that return code.
>

> Any thoughts?

sed 1q /usr/local/nagios/libexec/send_mail.pl
should give you output similar to the one below:
#!/usr/bin/perl <args-to-perl>

If it doesn't, you've found your error.

Also make sure you have no stray quotes anywhere in the command definition.
If you're trying to execute
"sendmail.pl -n" it tries to find a file named "sendmail.pl -n" instead of
trying to find one named "sendmail.pl" and passing it "-n" as the first
argument.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se