Help - I am unable to get the NSClient++ to restart services

Jonathan Williams jonathan.williams at us.g4s.com
Wed Jul 16 22:47:18 CEST 2008

We have an open SMTP relay setup (IIS) and that is what we use for other apps.  As far as mail client, I am trying to use send_mail.pl plug-in found here:  http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=2002.html;d=1  and cannot get it to notify.  The online documentation differs from the documentation in the actual send_mail.pl config file.  My commands.cfg looks like this:

define command{

      command_name      host-notify-by-email

      command_line      /usr/local/Nagios/libexec/send_mail.pl -n "HOST $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$" -h "$HOSTNAME$"  -s "$HOSTSTATE$" -a "$HOSTADDRESS$" -i "$HOSTOUTPUT$" -d "$LONGDATETIME$" -e "$CONTACTEMAIL$"

define command{

      command_name      service-notify-by-email

      command_line      /usr/local/Nagios/libexec/send_mail.pl -n "SERVICE $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$" -h "$HOSTNAME$" -s "$SERVICESTATE$" -a "$HOSTADDRESS$" -i "$SERVICEDESC$ - $SERVICEOUTPUT$ - $SERVICECHECKCOMMAND$" -d "$LONGDATETIME$" -e "$CONTACTEMAIL$"

}

The sample documentation uses $USER1$/send_mail.pl rather than the actual path.  I am not sure what $USER1$ represents.  I tried it both ways.

My templates are also set up for services and hosts to allow for notification and reference these command_line entries.

I am also not sure why an e-mail address is specified in the send_mail.pl file as well as the contacts.cfg.  When looking at the service notification settings in the Nagios CGI it is correct.

Is there anything I am missing?

Jon