Help - I am unable to get the NSClient++ to restart services

Jonathan Williams jonathan.williams at us.g4s.com
Wed Jul 16 19:30:04 CEST 2008

OK.. I am getting somewhere now.  I manually ran this command from the Nagios server terminal:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 10.10.113.51 -p 5666 -n -c service_control -a "spooler" start

And it worked!!  Meaning the OpMonagent works!  Now I jst need to find out why it will not work as an event_handler like so:

Define service{

      Use                     generic service

      Host_name               jwilliamspc

      Service_description     PrintSpooler

      Check_command           check_nt!SERVICESTATE!-d SHOWALL -l Spooler

      Event_handler           restart_Spooler

      }

define command{

command_name         restart-Spooler

command_line         PATH/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5666 -n -c service_control -a "Spooler" start