Information for MIB

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Tue Jul 15 16:45:14 CEST 2008

From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
Stagiaire
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:16 AM
To: Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Information for MIB

Hello,

I want to monitor waiters IBM, HP and DELL with Nagios and SNMP but I
don't manage to find the MIB corresponding for the state of the RAID,
temperature CPU, the disk space available and the memory capacity
available.

I have already to seek on sites like http://www.oidview.com/mibs or
http://www.mibdepot.com but I could not really find what I seek!

If you could help me thank you and excuse me for my English level!

---

You may need to get the vendor MIBS from the vendors themselves. I may
be wrong, but I think most of those server vendors have their own
"management agents",  which are often the only way to get
vendor-specific raid/cpu temp info etc etc .  (you can get system basics
such as disk/load/memory/processes etc easy enough with regular snmpd on
the servers you want to monitor).

Regards,
jamie