Nagios can die and still update the CGI date?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jul 14 23:36:53 CEST 2008

Please start a new e-mail for a new question. This e-mail will
forevermore be associated with the 'check_freshness...' post that you
started with.

On Jul 14, 2008, at 3:46 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> Does the CGI not at least scream somehow if there's nothing running
> behind it?

If nagios dies in such a way that the status_file still exists, no.
You might consider running check_nagios (from the plugins distrib)
from cron.

> Should I already know this answer?

It's been discussed in the past, I'm sure.

> And, what about Naomi?

She threatened a restraining order the last time I called. I just
stalk her now...

--
Marc