Help - I am unable to get the NSClient++ to restart services

Jonathan Williams jonathan.williams at us.g4s.com
Mon Jul 14 16:52:48 CEST 2008

I am having a little trouble installing the NRPE 2.8 plug in Ubuntu.  I
am able to extract the source code tarball and than I am having issues
after that.  Per the instructions I am trying to compile the NRPE add-on
by running

./configure

make all

After I type ./configure I get a message at the end of the compile job
saying "configuration error: Cannot find ssl libraries.  Than if I try
to go further by installing the plugins by typing make all or the
individual make install-pluggin I get an error saying ** No rule to make
target 'all'.  Stop.