Oracle remote monitoring

Hart, Harry M. CTR USJFCOM SUPPORT.SUPPORT JTC-I harry.hart.ctr at jfcom.mil
Tue Jul 8 16:45:20 CEST 2008

I guess the login is the problem!

When I run the command from the monitoring system I get the timeout. The remote system log shows:
Jul  8 14:30:11 Oracle_client sudo(pam_unix)[31119]: authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost= user=nagios

I tried putting oracle and nagios in the line /usr/bin/sudo but received the same error.

How does one configure sudo so that it will run?

Thanks

Harry M. Hart Systems integrator
(757) 203-7422
DSN 668-7422
Harry.Hart at intel.jwfc.jfcom.smil.mil
Harry.Hart at jwfc.ic.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Schneemann [mailto:cschneemann at suse.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:55 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Hart, Harry M. CTR USJFCOM SUPPORT.SUPPORT JTC-I
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Oracle remote monitoring

On Tuesday July 8 2008 03:49:36 pm Hart, Harry M. CTR USJFCOM SUPPORT.SUPPORT JTC-I wrote:
> The attached files are the ones I downloaded and am using.
the Script check_oracle_cluster uses sudo, is sudo configured for the nagios user that it can be used without a password? maybe it is waiting for the password and so nrpe times out..

The debug mode can be configured in /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg, have a search for debug= or DEBUGGING OPTION.

Christian

--
Christian Schneemann

e-mail: cschneemann at suse.de