question about first_notification_delay

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Tue Jul 8 15:35:20 CEST 2008

Hello.  I'm considering using the first_notification_delay parameter for
some host checking.  One thing that's not clear to me from the docs is
if the state of the host/service returns from a non-down state *before*
the delayed first notification is set to be sent, will that notification
be suppressed?

That is, let's say host A goes down and gets to hard/critical and it
wants to send an alert.  That first is then delayed, say 10 minutes by
setting this parameter.  Within that 10 minutes, the host comes back up
again.  Will Nagios skip sending that alert at all considering that by
the time it was going to send it, the condition has cleared?

Thanks

Mark