Nagios 2.12 author format

Nolan Rumble nolan.rumble at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 09:01:37 CEST 2008

<snip>

The series of events were this.

> 1. It's working.
> 2. Build and install 2.12.
> 3. It's broken.
>
> Seems pretty clear to me it's either a code bug, or the new code doesn't
> like something about my config files that the older version didn't care
> about.

<snip>

I have had the same problem with my Nagios installation, only I've installed
it from a pre-packaged version of Nagios for CentOS 4 and 5.  I noticed the
problem when having to view the availability reports.  My quick fix solution
was to find another avail.cgi script that was from the previous installation
and put it in the current avail.cgi's place.  I also noticed that if I
change my servicegroup/hostgroup names to not include spaces, then the
reports were generated as expected.

I also think it could be a code bug, or an undocumented feature :P

Regards,
Nolan