unknown option in nrpe.cfg

Seth Simmons ssimmons at cymfony.com
Fri Jul 4 12:23:37 CEST 2008

I have a strange problem here.

I have a box where an error is constantly being reported by syslog.

The actual nagios checks are running fine.

This is what shows during every service check:

nrpe[18038]: Unknown option specified in config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg' - Line 17

On line 17 it states:

log_facility=daemon

It's exactly the same as the other systems and I'm not getting this
error there.

It's running nrpe 2.12.  The only thing unique about this box is that
it's the only one running red hat 5 so not sure if that makes any sort
of difference or if anyone else has seen this.