NRPE-2.12 on VMWare ESX Server 3.5

Jedrzej Jajor jedrzej at man.poznan.pl
Thu Jul 3 15:48:34 CEST 2008

Lorand S. D'Caltan pisze:
> You know, I swear I tried the ./configure --with-ssl-lib=/usr/local/ssl/lib before and it didn't work, this time it did. Confusing.

Maybe it was before you copied the libraries from the other machine?

> But then this:
>
> make all
> cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nrpe-2.12/src'
> gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lwrap
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so: undefined reference to `krb5_init_context at krb5_3_MIT'
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so: undefined reference to `krb5_kt_resolve at krb5_3_MIT'

I suppose the other machine from which you copied libssl.so and
libcrypto.so is slightly different and has Kerberos libraries installed.
Try "ldd /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so" and "ldd
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so" on the NRPE machine and see which
dependencies are missing.

You can copy missing .so libs from the other machine (you should also
repeat dependency check with ldd for all libs that you copy) or compile
your own openssl on the NRPE host.

--
Regards,
Andy