NRPE-2.12 on VMWare ESX Server 3.5

Jedrzej Jajor jedrzej at man.poznan.pl
Thu Jul 3 12:47:16 CEST 2008

Lorand S. D'Caltan wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, I get the same error though.
>
> And here's something even more strange, even though I've installed OpenSSL, those two files were not present in /usr anywhere.
>
> I copied them from another server to /usr/local/ssl/lib but it still errors
>
> find /usr -name libcrypto.so
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so
> find /usr -name libssl.so
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so

If you took them from another server (I assume it's the same
architecture, but to be sure check at least with 'file' whether copied
files are of the same type as other .so libs that you have on your
system), check whether they have all dependencies:
ldd /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so
ldd /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so
(check for any unresolved dependencies).

Also, if you installed the OpenSSL-devel-0.8.9h-1 from rpm (or other
package) you can check if it contains these libs (rpm -ql
OpenSSL-devel-0.8.9h-1).

> env CFLAGS="-L /usr/local/ssl/lib" LD_FLAGS="-L /usr/local/ssl/lib -R /usr/local/ssl/lib" ./configure
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for type of socket size... size_t
> checking for SSL headers... SSL headers found in /usr/local/ssl
> checking for SSL libraries... configure: error: Cannot find ssl libraries

Try ./configure --with-ssl-lib=/usr/local/ssl/lib

--
Regards,
Andy