Different notification periods for different events?

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Tue Jul 1 09:34:10 CEST 2008

$quoted_author = "CJ Kucera" ;

> Is there a way to configure a service so that notifications for (for
> instance) WARNINGs are sent out for one time period, but notifications
> for CRITICAL events are sent out for a different time period?

Use a custom notification script.

We needed something similar so I hacked up a perl script that does different
things based on the state and notification number:

- WARNINGS = SMS once, email exponentially
- CRITICALS = SMS exponentially, email constantly
- HOST DOWN = SMS and email constantly

cheers
Marty