Nagios full copied reserve server

Scott Sanders lists at jssjr.com
Tue Jan 29 17:25:20 CET 2008

I was able to create a true failover (hot-spare) setup using Linux-HA and
DRBD. The two machines use a primary/secondary DRBD drive setup for
/usr/local/nagios, /var/spool/mqueue, and /var/spool/clientmqueue. Linux-HA
manages the virtual IP for nagios as well as bringing nagios and sendmail
services up and down during a failover. This works very well, and because
the mail spools are sync'ed not even unsent notifications are lost.

I believe there are some previous threads about this setup, but if not I'd
be happy to write up a HOW-TO.

-Scott