logging active checks

Maxwell,Brady maxwellb at oclc.org
Tue Jan 29 17:13:25 CET 2008

Thank you the reason we want to do so is we have a performance and
historical trending application that was written in house and we want to
be able to import the nagios perf data into the existing system. The guy
that designed the system has been pulling the data from the logs and
this works great cause most of what we track are checks that are
submitted through nsca however some of the checks were not getting
enough data to make a meaningful graph.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

reporting any issue.
I think what you want is called Stalking, it logs every check result
whether or not it changed.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/stalking.html

It's not usually necessary to do this though unless you have a specific
reason to...

-h

--
Hari Sekhon