New Checks Do not get scheduled

Maxwell,Brady maxwellb at oclc.org
Tue Jan 29 16:38:50 CET 2008

So I have this weird circumstance where when I add new service checks
and reload nagios the system does not start running these checks. We are
using 2.9. The checks are setup as active checks. Checks that existed
before the restart seem to take up to an hour to start updating even
though all checks are set to 5 minutes and the initial service check
spread is set to 30.

On the service detail screen the next service check time will be in the
past if we let the system alone it will start running the checks after
about an hour.

We have 6500 service checks running and the system is not loaded.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Brady