Nagios LAN or DMZ?

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:56:20 CET 2008

> Install Nagios on the LAN. Then let Nagios contact the NRPE instance in
> your DMZ.

Ok, thank you very much! I'm doing right :-)

I have another question for you.
I monitor the Internet (WAN) connection through a simply check_ping
service, but I need to make all the remote services dependently from
it and from the local DNS service.
How I have to configure Nagios if I want it not to notify me all the
remote services critical status if the WAN connection or the local DNS
service don't work (but of course I want to receive the notification
about the WAN connection and/or the local DNS service). Simply, I
don't want receive 1000 useless and boring alarms :-)

Could you help me please?
Thank you very much again!