Nagios LAN or DMZ?

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:07:39 CET 2008

Hi!

I'm installing Nagios because I need to remote monitor some customers' server.
I need an advise from you.
I have two servers in my office, one in the DMZ network and another on
the LAN network.
I am undecided on what of these two servers it is better to install Nagios.
I need to monitor my internal LAN servers with NRPE (and I don't want
to make two installations of Nagios), so if I install Nagios on the
DMZ server I must forward the packets to the nrpe port from the DMZ
network to the LAN network.

What do you think it is better to do?

Thank you very much for your help!
Bye.