nagvis error nagvis

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Fri Jan 25 10:00:35 CET 2008

> > I have fixed the problem. I had to enable check_external_command=1
in
> > nagios.cfg. After that, everything worked.
>
> I'd say that's a bizarre and non-obvious resolution. I don't
understand
> how the error you posted would be related. Interesting...

Indeed it is, thankfully it's in the NagVis FAQ! :-)

The MySQL error he got from NDO is common to quite a few installations,
and doesn't appear to affect NDO's operation. So, a red herring.

The explanation on the Nagvis page is as follows:

The NDO Backend checks the database if Nagios reports itself as running
by getting the field is_currently_running from <prefix>_programstatus
table. Seems there is something wrong with your NDO setup. In some
Nagios/NDO installations is a bug whit updating the
<prefix>_programstatus table.

The FAQ continues to say that the programstatus table is only updated if
check_external_commands is set to 1.