flap_detection_enabled persistenceacrossreload/restart?

Tom Throckmorton throck at duke.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:56:48 CET 2008

On Jan 24 09:42, Marc Powell wrote:

> [...]

Thanks.  Bummer - I'm still trying to find something that points to this being
intentional.  I'll ask on nagios-devel...

> > > Not all directives can be overridden by the retention file but
> > > flap_detection_enabled is one of them
> > > (http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#service).
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean here - which directives _can't_ be
> overridden
> > by the
> > retention file?
>
> Any that aren't marked with a *. Click the * or read the Retention Notes
> at the top of the page.

Oh, duh.  *kicks self in head*

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#retention_notes

> > > Your configuration snippets look accurate, assuming they're applied
> as
> > > you indicate.
> >
> > They were cut and pasted from live configs, so yeah.
>
> I meant that the template really was applied to the hosts/services.

Well, assuming any status data that gets fed to the state files and via the NEB
is accurate, then my configs match my live settings.  I'm verifying by seeing
what ends up in the status_file and state_retention_file, as well as the
NDO-fed database.

-tt

--
Tom Throckmorton