nagvis error nagvis

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Thu Jan 24 15:40:01 CET 2008

http://www.nagvis.org/docs/general/often_reported_errors#nagiosnotrunning

From: Alex Dehaini [mailto:alexdehaini at gmail.com]
Sent: 24 January 2008 15:34
To: Giles Coochey; nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: nagvis error nagvis

I keep getting this error after installing nagvis

The installation went well but when I browse to the nagvis webpage I get this error

nagiosNotRunning: NDOMy: Nagios not running (Backend ndomy_1)
NDO reports that Nagios is not running

When I check my logs, this is the error I get.

[root at dev etc]# tail /var/log/messages
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o' deinitialized successfully.
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev ndo2db: Successfully disconnected from MySQL database
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: Nagios 2.9 starting... (PID=3113)
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: LOG VERSION: 2.0
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: ndomod: NDOMOD 1.4b7 (10-31-2007) Copyright (c) 2005-2007 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev ndo2db: Successfully connected to MySQL database
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: ndomod: Successfully connected to data sink.  0 queued items to flush.
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o' initialized successfully.
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev nagios: Finished daemonizing... (New PID=3116)
Jan 24 14:24:51 dev ndo2db: Error: mysql_query() failed for 'INSERT INTO nagios_configfilevariables SET instance_id='1', configfile_id='4', varname='cfg_file', varvalue='/usr/local/nagios/etc/localhost\.cfg''

Any idea on how I can fix this. I am running centos 5.0