notification problem Nagios 3

Brandstätter Sigmund Sigmund.Brandstaetter at ing-diba.at
Thu Jan 24 10:10:07 CET 2008

Hi people,

Following Question:

We have configured Nagios and so far it works fine and does notifications.

Since we have a lot of systems which belong to different groups (network, unix, windows, ...) we tried to configure the notifications so that we can define more then one recipient!

for example, we have contacts configured in contacts.cfg

example:

define contact{
        contact_name                    noone
        alias                           noone
        use                             generic-contact
        service_notification_period     none
        host_notification_period        none
        contactgroups                   NO-admins
        email                           noone at xxxxxxxx        }

then we have contact groups:

example:

define contact{
        contact_name                    noone
        alias                           noone
        use                             generic-contact
        service_notification_period     none
        host_notification_period        none
        contactgroups                   NO-admins
        email                           noone at xxxxxx
        }

we use the following template.cfg entries

define service{
        name                            prod-service
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  BEREITSCHAFT-admins
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        name                            test-service
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  NO-admins
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        name                            unix-service
        contact_groups                  +UNIX-admins
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        name                            netzwerk-service
        contact_groups                  +NETZWERK-admins
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        name                            db-service
        contact_groups                  +DATENBANK-admins
        register                        0
        }

and in the services.cfg it looks like:

example:

define service{
        use                             prod-service,netzwerk-service
        hostgroup_name                  Netzwerkkomponenten
        service_description             PING
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

The notification only goes to the first contact /tghe one defined for prod-service) but not to the others if wanted

The reason for this setup is that the prod-service goes to a blackberry and the others should only be additional email notification to theresponsible groups..

anyone got an idea of what we did wrong? cant find a reason.

thanks in advance

cheers
Sigmund