Problem with Send_NSCA on Windows

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:56:16 CET 2008

Actually C# Does have echo,  try
System.Console.WriteLine("ECHO TO STANDARD IO");
you can also write to standard error
and you can also redirect IO streams,

C# give pleanty of ways for doing this, since it is a full development
language and the Dot NEt Framework offers pleanty of classes, Go to MSDN and
read throught the Library. particullary the  IO,Console, and posibly the
Process class depending on how you want to accomplish things.

Using C# NC_Net can feed an IO into  Win32_Send_NSCA.exe
I also wrote my own version of SendNSCA in C# (internally in NC_NEt)
doing that is a bit too complicated to discuss, but to oversimpify things:
To reimplement SendNSCA just convert the Send_nsca.c into C#
FOr commiunicating with Win32SEnd_Nsca read up on running processes
Asyncronous and Syncronously. (spelling may be off)

Have you tried using NC_NEt it provides both Active and Passive checks in a
single windows plugin client It also has the ability to run other Scripts
loaded into its script folder.
IT is availible on sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net

TOny (Author of NC_Net)