NDO Troubles

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Wed Jan 23 11:00:16 CET 2008

> you just delete the database and ndodaemon back to work ?

I have to run the db installation script that comes with ndoutils to
recreate the db schema.

> if you use postgresql? same problem ??

Is postgresql support actually working? I found conflicting information
as to whether it would work so I never tried it.
Have you tried the advice of someone else to give InnoDB loads of
memory? I would like to try that, but have no idea as to how to do it!
Perhaps someone can advise?

> (if i dont solve my problem with NDO tomorow my boss will abort nagios
> in the company...... :-( )

Tell him it's his loss if he takes that route :-). Note that ndoutils is
beta software and I don't believe much effort will be taken to resolve
this problem until Nagios v3 reaches stable, I have read comments that
Ethan is well aware of this problem, and it requires work to not have
ndo2db halt Nagios while it does its work.