Service checks stopped

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:12:28 CET 2008

I am running nagios 3.0rc1 on solaris. I have several services being
monitored on 2 hosts. I have a regular outage on a service group that I have
configured by specifying the timeperiod
define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name         myapp-prod-uptime
        alias                   MyApp Production Uptime
        sunday                  00:00-24:00                     ;
        monday                  00:00-17:00,17:45-24:00         ;
        tuesday                 00:00-24:00                     ;
        wednesday               00:00-24:00                     ;
        thursday                00:00-17:00,17:45-24:00         ;
        friday                  00:00-24:00                     ;
        saturday                00:00-24:00                     ;
        }

The services for MyApp all use a template with the following
        check_period                    myapp-prod-uptime

When the outage windows occur (thursday 5:00pm to 5:45pm) the service checks
for MyApp do not run. Shortly after, all service checks no longer run. The
last service check to run was on 1/17/2008 at 5:29:51 pm. In the web
interface the service checks show that they were scheduled to run but they
never did.

Restarting nagios will fix it, until the next configured window in the
timeperiod.

I have also tried to implement this outage window by using a seperate
timeperiod to define the window between 17:00 and 17:45 Monday and Thursday,
while using the "exclude" directive in the myapp-prod-uptime timeperiod
definition. I get the same result. All checks stop shortly after the window
starts.

Please help.

--
Rob Anderson