webservices check using check_http

Fabiano Martins fabianomartinsrj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:26:33 CET 2008

Hi all!

I'm facing a problem to check some webservices here with the check_http command.

The point is from the command line (shell)  I can run the command with
the syntaxes perfectly. Testing the return everything is OK.

The command line I run on the shell is:

./usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http -H www4.somehost.com.br -u
/monitor/billing.asmx/isFunctional?idCarrier=6 -s '<boolean
xmlns="http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'

My nightmare starts when I put the line on services.cfg

It seems like nagios don't understand what I put on services.cfg (or
I'm giving the wrong syntax).

The check_command line on services.cfg is:

check_http!www4.somehost.com.br!/monitor/billingvpn.asmx/isFunctional?idCarrier=6!'<boolean
xmlns="http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'

The commands.cfg check_http line is:

check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$

I've tried already putting "-u" and "-s" before $ARG1$ and $ARG2$...
But no changes has occured. I've tried also putting just -s before
$ARG2$... And nothing changed.

The www4.somehost.com.br is the virtualhost "-H" option

"/monitor/billingvpn.asmx/isFunctional?idCarrier=6" is the URL "-u" option

and '<boolean xmlns="http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>' is
the string expected, "-s" option.

The above command works perfectly. If I change anything after "-s" the
expected string changes and the service status changes to CRITICAL,
indicating that he command works normally.

But Nagios daemon couldn't show the same... I don't know what's happening...

If someone have some hint to give me... I'll apretiate.

Regards,

Fabiano Martins