nagios.cmd over nfs

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Jan 22 19:11:49 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 13:09 -0500, Kyle O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've migrated the nagios web interface onto a different physical
> server, nfs mounting the nagios directory from the actual nagios
> server.
>
> Only snag I'm running into right now is trying to access the
> nagios.cmd pipe over nfs.  When trying to schedule downtime, disable
> notifications etc... the web interface just spins. I see cmd.cgi is
> being executed, but nothing happens.

Is NFS rpc.lockd running?  Try mount_nfs(8) with '-L'

     -L      Do not forward fcntl(2) locks over the wire.  All locks will be
             local and not seen by the server and likewise not seen by other
             NFS clients.  This removes the need to run the rpcbind(8) service
             and the rpc.statd(8) and rpc.lockd(8) servers on the client.
             Note that this option will only be honored when performing the
             initial mount, it will be silently ignored if used while updating
             the mount options.

~BAS

> Both servers have the same uid/gids for nagios, webserver is even
> running as nagios user.
>
> I know a 'work-around' is to ssh+keys>nagios.cmd pipe, but this isn't an option.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Kyle

Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.