Strange think

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jan 21 21:33:08 CET 2008

Fabiano Martins wrote:
| Hi all!!
|
| I have a strange issue here with my nagios. Let me try to explain...
|
| I have some web services to check and when I run the command from
| console to test two diferent status of these services (UP or DOWN) I
| receive the correct answer from remote application. Let me put the
| command here:
|
| ./usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http -H www.somehost.com.br
| <http://www.somehost.com.br/> -u /heartbeat.asmx/Web -s '<boolean
| xmlns=" http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'
| <http://www.somehost.com.br/%22%3Etrue%3C/boolean%3E'>
|
| As the check_http says, I have to use check_http -H <vhost> -u URL path
| that I wan to check on specified host and -s <string> that I expect to
| be returned to me.
|
| Ok!
|
| I run this command from console and everything goes fine. To test, I've
| changed the expected string from true to false, and the answer received
| after running the command from console changes to "DOWN String not found".
|
| The problem is, when I put it into service.cfg for nagios run the
| command, I've realized that nagios is not threating the return. If the
| service is down, nagios keeps showing me that the service is OK.
|
| In command.cfg file, I've changed the line check_http command to add one
| more argument that I need.
|
| The default is check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$.
|
| I've changed it to check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$
|
| In services.cfg file I put check_http!www.somehost.com.br -u
| /heartbeat.asmx/Web!'<boolean
| xmlns="http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'
| <http://www.somehost.com.br/%22%3Etrue%3C/boolean%3E'>
|
| I think that nagios is doesn't recognizing the sintax.

It seem you are mixing things in a odd manner.

I would recommend to define the command with:

define command{
	command_name	check_http_reply
	command_line	$USER1$/check_http -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -H $ARG1$ -u  $ARG2$
- -s  $ARG3$
	}

Then define the service with:
	check_http_reply!www.somehost.com.br!/heartbeat.asmx/Web!'<boolean
xmlns="http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'

I would never try to mix the arguments the way you did.

Hugo.

- --