debugging notifications

Eric Doutreleau Eric.Doutreleau at int-edu.eu
Mon Jan 21 18:31:50 CET 2008

i have a problem with my script to send notification by jabber.

i have put on my command file

define command{
       command_name    notify-by-jabber
       command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/notify_by_jabber
$CONTACTEMAIL$
"***** Nagios  *****   Notification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Service:
$SERVICEDE
SC$ Host: $HOSTALIAS$ Address: $HOSTADDRESS$ State: $SERVICESTATE$
Date/Time: $
LONGDATETIME$  Additional Info:  $SERVICEOUTPUT$"
       }

when i run the command
usr/lib/nagios/plugins/notify_by_jabber
doutrele at jabberd.int-evry.fr,procacci at jabberd.int-evry.fr,gaboret at jabberd.int-evry.fr,ghanotak at jabberd.int-evry.fr,gilles at jabberd.int-evry.fr
"coucou"

i got the message in my gaim client and all the users got it

here is my contact file

define contact{
       contact_name                    jabber-unix
       alias                           rezo jabber
       service_notification_period     24x7
       host_notification_period        24x7
       service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
       host_notification_options       d,u,r
       service_notification_commands   notify-by-jabber
       host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-jabber
       email
doutrele at jabberd.int-evry.fr,procacci at jabberd.int-evry.fr,gaboret at jabb
erd.int-evry.fr,ghanotak at jabberd.int-evry.fr,gilles at jabberd.int-evry.fr
       }

in the nagios.log file i have the line
[1200933108] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
jabber-unix;asterisk;ping;CRITICAL;notify-by-jabber;PING CRITICAL -
Paquets perdus = 0%, RTA = 734.46 ms
then i should get a message but i got nothing.

i m wondering how i can debug the notification and to see what command
is spawn when a notification is sent