check_hparray hpacucli w/ sudo on debian/win2k (WAS: Re: Plugin help)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sat Jan 19 18:40:35 CET 2008

First of all, let's set a real topic that will get people's attentions

Second, you mention wanting to check win2k RAID array status, but you
also mention VMWare and Debian.

Are you running Debian in a VMWare guest VM?  What OS is the Hypervisor
running?

Do you want to _remotely_ check win2k HP raid arrays?

As far as debian goes, you will only be able to run Debian as the
Hypervisor OS and check the HP RAID array of the hypervisor _locally_.

You want to check HP raid array using hpacucli?

I imagine this is one of the black magic binaries like Dell / AMI / LSI
Logic megacli/megarc that will only work with special kernel hacks and
modules, and of course, proper sudo permissions.

~BAS